Here is an outline of what is planned here in Crieff.
- A period of extensive consultation will take place with businesses over the summer and into winter 2014. This will help to identify the BID area and the priorities as local businesses see them.
- From these discussions a Proposalwill be drawn up which will include delivery guarantees, performance indicators and management structure.
- The BID Proposal is voted on by the non-domestic rate payers who will be responsible for paying the BID levy.
- Businesses must vote in favour of a BID in order for it to be established.
- The vote is a postal ballot conducted by an independent agency.
- A BIDs mandate is for a maximum of 5 years. A BID wishing to continue beyond 5 years must reaffirm their mandate through another ballot, based on a further proposal.