Previous Board Elections
The following list is of the first Crieff Succeeds BID Board, as counted by three PKC staff members at the Atrium, Glover Place, Perth on 13th August 2015.
- Ailsa Campbell, Campbell’s Bakery.
- Andrew Cuthbert, JL Gill Ltd.
- David Agnew, Valentines of Crieff.
- Graham Donaldson, Gordon and Durward.
- Kate Graham, Co-operative Food.
- Neil Combe, Carnelian Crafts.
- Robert Anderson, Tower Hotel Gastro Pub and Apartments.
- Paul Attewell, Red Squirrel Café.
- Scott Bennett, The Strathearn Gallery.
- Simon Pengelley, Strathearn Artspace.
- Stephen Leckie, Crieff Hydro Ltd.
- Stuart Cassells, The Famous Grouse Experience.
- William Frame, Braemore Estates.
- Anne Younger , Perth and Kinross Council.
- Ann Cowan, Perth and Kinross Council.
- Robert Salmond, Houseproud.
- Andrew Cuthbert, JL Gill Ltd.
On 1st September 2015 the Board made the following appointments:
Chair: Stephen Leckie
Vice Chair: Stuart Cassells
Treasurer: Graham Donaldson
Historic communications regarding the establishment of Crieff Suceeds BID:
Crieff Succeeds Business Improvement District (BID) Company Crieff will soon have its own Business Improvement District Company. The recent ballot for the BID was successful, with the following results:
- Number of votes cast – 192 with 134 (69.79%) voting in favour of the BID.
- Turnout by headcount was 60.31%
- The total of the rateable value that voted was £4,059,000 with £3,563,975 (87.80%) in favour of the BID.
The vote was therefore successful on all counts required by law and a BID company will become operational on 1st September 2015. The company will be non-profit making and limited by guarantee, with its purpose being to deliver the objectives of the 5 year Crieff Succeeds BID Business Plan. What happens now?
- A registered company will be created by 1st September 2015.
- A BID Board of Directors will be appointed.
- All businesses located within the BID boundary with a rateable value of £1,000 or more will now be required, from 1st September 2015, to pay the levy set out in the Business Plan, according to the rateable value of their business premises. Perth & Kinross Council will issue levy invoices on behalf of the BID company along with payment details.
- A Crieff Succeeds BID Manager will be recruited.
Nominations for the Crieff Succeeds BID Company Board
The outgoing Steering Group is now seeking nominations from those eligible businesses (all eligible levy payers) located within the BID area to create the BID Board of Directors. There will be a minimum of 12 and maximum of 16 directors. Two places on the Board will be reserved for PKC. On behalf of the BID Steering Group, I would like to invite business representatives to nominate themselves for a place on the new BID Company Board. Whatever the size of your business, we want to hear from you if you share the BID’s vision for a vibrant town with an engaged and involved business community. Please use the enclosed Nomination Form. A seat on the BID Board of Directors will involve active participation for a period of at least 3 years and involvement in all aspects of delivering the content of the BID Business Plan. It will require attendance at a minimum of 75% of meetings per year and you will be representing all the businesses located in the BID area.
Board Ballot Process
A letter has gone to all persons eligible to vote with the following enclosures:
- BID Board Nomination Form inviting each individual to nominate themselves to sit on the BID Company Board. Nomination Forms must be returned by mid-day on 10th July.
- Guidelines as to Directors’ Code of Conduct.
Upon receipt of the nominations there will be two courses of action:
- If there are 14 or fewer nominations, each of the nominations will be confirmed to serve as directors of the BID Board.
- If there are 15 or more nominations, a secret postal ballot will be carried out:
- On 13th July each eligible voter will be sent, by post, a voting slip listing each candidate.
- Each eligible voter will vote for one candidate and return the form by post by 5pm on 12th August to an independent panel of three persons. Voters will have one vote and will not have multiple votes should they be multiple property owners.
- On completion of the count by 14th August, each successful and unsuccessful candidate will be contacted by the BID Project Leader to advise them of the outcome. On the same day, the results will be posted to the Crieff Succeeds website and confirmed to local media.
This page holds links to Crieff Succeeds BID Documents.
BID Business Plan
The BID Business Plan* is available to download here
* Corrected map version P7
The official BID Proposal was approved by PKC
Crieff Succeeds Business Proposal here
Proposal Appendix I
Proposal Appendix II
Proposal Appendix III
Proposal Appendix IV
Proposal Appendix V
Proposal Appendix VI
Proposal Appendix VII
Budget and Business Planning
January Draft Budget here
January Draft Business Plan Activities here
Business Update Leaflets
January 2015 Next Steps leaflet here
29th January Crieff Hotel. Promotional leaflet here Presentation slides here
25th November Crieff Hotel. Promotional leaflet here Presentation slides here
October 2014 survey questionnaire here
October 2014 survey summary here
October 2014 survey written comments here